Friday, January 29, 2021

Only in Bucks County: Alia’s Wow Balloons



 



EVERYONE!! 
Meet Alia from Alia's WOW Balloons! 


39 again... January 6, 2021

Me, with my crazy curly COVID hair, my favorite dog-walking ski hat, one arm full of pots and pans because all I do is cook and clean up since the pandemic hit, the other hand walking Fergie... Alia NAILED it! I have never laughed so hard!

Announcing to the world that I'm not really 39 again... and I that I love beer.

I had seen Alia "twisting" (that's insider language for making balloon art, lol) at a couple of events and fundraisers around town, but I didn't realize just how creative and talented she was at her craft.

I was absolutely "WOWed" by the Yard Art balloons I was surprised with from Alia's WOW Balloons on my birthday a few weeks ago. I couldn't stop thinking about how cool they were, what a completely amazing gift they are, and what a unique occupation this is; so I decided to reach out to the Bristol Township 19-year old and interview her. Alia should be very proud of her accomplishments and I hope you'll consider her for yard art, a birthday party, or other event. Here's what she had to say!

I've seen you here in Bristol Borough, but I have good friends in Newtown and Yardley.
 Do you deliver there and include a delivery fee?
I deliver to Newtown and Yardley without delivery fees.
Actually, I deliver all over Bucks County, and when the virus calms down I'll deliver to Philadelphia and New Jersey.
(That was my one business question. Here are Alia's answers to the FUN questions!)

Why balloon art... what made you start working with balloons?
I have always been into arts and crafts and I used to see balloon art at events and thought it looked pretty cool, so why not try it?

How long have you been doing this twisting?
I have been twisting balloon animals as a hobby for about 7 years, but I made it a business about 1 year ago.

I'm assuming you went to Truman... what year did you graduate?
I went to Bucks County Technical High School and graduated in 2019.

People can hire you for your awesome Yard Arts, but you’ll go to events too...
can you explain that aspect of your business to me?
I'd go to events pretty often before the pandemic, some events pay me and then I give out free balloons; other times I actually pay to be at an event and charge folks to create balloon art right in front of them.

What's the most challenging yard art you’ve ever done?
The hardest yard art I ever made was my Statue Of Liberty!

Favorite yard art request ever? 
My favorite type of yard arts are what I like to call look-a-likes; the parents really don't have a theme, but they tell me everything about the birthday person and I can add in so many different details and fully make it custom ,and all about the birthday person! That's what we did for you.
 Of course I get a lot of requests for Superheros, Princesses, Disney Characters, and other cartoon characters, which are always fun to surprise kids with.

Do you love what you do?
I LOVE what I do! Especially when I see giant smiles on everyone's faces, and when I hear how much joy I put in their hearts. I absolutely love twisting balloons and using my creative mind to put a smile on everyone's face! I work with all ages, too!  I also donate a percentage of my profits to my Uncle's charity for football scholarships for student's books.

You're on Facebook at Alia's WOW Balloons...are you on Instagram too?
I am also on Instagram!





Alia recently went to an intensive three day training class. 
I didn't know balloon art training even existed!

You've GOT to check out her work on her social media pages.
 She even just made Jefferson and Eliza yard arts from Hamilton, The Musical!

Alia will generally give you a discount on your second Yard Art if you order more than one.
You can contact her through her social media pages or via email at 
hymonalia2019@gmail.com














No comments:

Post a Comment