Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Only in Bucks County: My First Live Nativity

It was this time of year nine years ago when I first would visit Newtown from the Main Line. 
I'd get off of 95 North and see the enormous and magical holiday light display at Shady Brook Farm on the corner. I distinctly remember thinking, "I'll never do that; that must be what Bucks County people do." I was an outsider looking in.
Back then I couldn't have imagined how involved I'd get giving to the community or frequenting the events it offers. Barn tours...local fundraisers...light shows; I'm in!
So when my friend who is on several committees at Crossings Community Church in Newtown asked me to come take some photos of their Live Nativity the weekend before Christmas to use on their website and for their social media, I immediately said yes.
I hope my photos reflect the small town, country feel of their special event:

 
 
 
 
 
 








 
 
 


The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
~ Marcel Proust  
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment