Thursday, July 2, 2015

Only in Bucks County: Waterlogue App Review

One thing you should know is that I'm ALWAYS reading, researching, and playing around online to learn more to help my clients and to stay on top of digital technology. I've had the Waterlogue app on my iPad for about a year, and I'm using it more and more lately.

At first it was just another cool watercolor app and it was fun to watch the program sketch my photos, wet the paintbrush, and get to work. I've since realized that the quality of the work and its high resolution for digital or printable images make this app the best of the best, creating a realistic semi-detailed watercolor. Since I use my own photos, I am able to create some terrific original art. 
 
                                                                                     Newtown
                                                                                    Newtown
 
                                                               Core Creek County Park
 
                                                                                      Yardley
                 
                                                                         Upper Makefield
                                                                            Core Creek Park
 
                                                                                  Newtown
 
I do want to mention that some images lend themselves to the Waterlogue process 
better than others... but really, that's half the fun! 
The Waterlogue app runs quickly and seamlessly; and has never once frozen or crashed. 
Whether you'll use it for fun or to create some serious artwork, I highly recommend it.
 
                                                                                       Newtown
 
  
                                                                                         Newtown
 
                                                                                            Newtown
                                                         
                                                                                 Core Creek Park

                                                                        Washington Crossing
            
                                                                                     Yardley

                                                                                    Newtown
 
 
 
"The art challenges the technology, and the technology inspires the art."
~John Lasseter, American Film Director
 
 
Waterlogue at work:
 





 










3 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely! I'm going to have to check out this app. I don't take as many pictures with my phone as I should but when I do, I'm always looking to have some du with them.

    I host a Photo Friday link-up for bloggers every week. I'd love it if you joined us! http://www.piercedwonderings.com/photo-friday-hpd-strong/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!! I love your photos & "watercolors"!! Now I'm inspired to have a little fun trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete