Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Only in Bucks County: Fading Light in Newtown and Yardley

 
Did I mention that I hate this heat?
I wrote a post about that this time last year, and... NOTHING'S CHANGED. 
The only time I enjoy being outside has been in the early evening and at night.
Back in my Wedding photographer/Bar Mitzvah photographer days, I preferred taking portraits of people around 7:30-8:00 pm because of the lighting. No one looks bad in 8:00 pm summer light!
I'd never considered landscape photography as the day light fades, but I've been outside taking photos at twilight all summer and I'm so pleased with the way they look!
They capture the feeling of the end of a long summer day.
Low light can be challenging, especially without a tripod, but I am enjoying the challenge.
The photos below are completely unedited, and I think I've done a great job capturing the remaining light.
 

 


 


 

 
 
 
 

 
 




 
 







 
 
 
 
"The fading light is us, and we are, for a moment so brief, ... beautiful."
Gary Shteyngart, Super Sad True Love Story
 







1 comment:

  1. Elisa, These may be some of of my favorite photos yet. Your style is changing, yet it's the same. Maybe it's the twilight that makes them seem different to me. You did a great job with these. I really like the one of the little barn. One of these days I'll get to see where you live, LOL.

    ReplyDelete