Friday, February 10, 2012

Only in Bucks County: O WOW Awesome!

I've been debating whether or not to call this post "O Wow COW!" or "O Wow AWESOME!" because both exclamations perfectly describe the AWESOME new ice cream parlor that opened near my house this summer, aptly named O Wow COW.

O Wow Cow is an ice cream shop where the Main Line brat in me can be spoiled by the deliciously interesting flavors, and the crunchy gal who loves Bucks County farms and supporting the local economy can go in for a scoop, and both will come out happy.

I'm not sure which gets me more excited ... looking at the (frequently changing) types of freshly made small-batch ice cream in the freezer case with flavors such as Lemon Ginger, Cava Cream, Cinnamon, Chocolate Jalapeno, Blood Orange Cranberry and Mango Habenero ... or reading the large, well-lit blackboard that tells which local farms many of the ingredients are from. Talk about a perfect pairing. The combination of the finest products and local sourcing really is the perfect pair for a girl like me! The same way Bailey's Irish Cream with Belgian Chocolate Flakes, and Sweet Honey Cream, go great together too.






So many freshly made choices!

Plenty of holiday flavors at Christmas time.


More locally made treats.


Farm Fresh Strawberries Dipped in Belgian Chocolate for sale by the piece.


O Wow Cow to-go.


Rich "I Hate Chocolate" paired with cool Lemon Ginger.

Chocolate Raspberry is toward the top of my list of favorites!


Cherry Vanilla with Belgian Chocolate Flakes.




More homemade goodies.
Christmas-time!


 The unique seasonal ice cream flavors, the ever so inspiring owner, the friendly staff,
 and even just the environment at O Wow Cow will keep me going back for more. While the organic "Goin' Bananas" is a treat, my absolute favorite is their Chocolate Mint, with fresh mint grown by Newtown Elementary's gardening initiative, "Veggieville."

Or, try the Honey Lavender with lavender grown at Doylestown's Peace Valley Lavender Farm!


"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
 but just enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate."
-Thorton Wilder
American Writer, 1897-1975

2 comments:

  1. OWowCow is awesome and so are your photos in this post! Keep 'em coming Elisa!
    Cheers!
    Kim @bucksfoodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meeting you Elisa! I'm not sure which I want to do first when I visit Bucks County - go to Tyler State Park or get ice cream at O Wow Cow Creamery

    ReplyDelete