Thursday, February 23, 2012

Only in Bucks County: Eye Candy on a Dreary Day


Face it Bucks County.
Although this winter has been unseasonably warm, it's also been cloudy and gray and quite dreary-looking. Last Thursday it was raining and I was looking for something to do, somewhere to go with my camera, but I just couldn't take another photo of a colorless landscape. I had been following The Market at Del Val on Twitter but had never been there. I'd never been to Delaware Valley College in fact.
 So I hopped in my car and drove the back roads to Doylestown, drove through the beautiful rolling hills
of campus, and wound up at The Market just before lunchtime. With thousands of delicious farm fresh  items all under one roof, including a Bakery, a Creamery, a wine shop, and a Garden Center,
 it turned out that The Market at Del Val offered just the color that I had been searching for.

The big barn.



Delaware Valley Peaches.


 
 



Tri color pasta.





"Dirty" Chips!

Wine and wine accessories too!

Ripe Roma Tomatoes.







All sizes ready for Spring.
 



Early in-season Asparagus.


Candy is dandy.
Everybody in and around Bucks County needs to check out The Market at Del Val ...
 it's a Locavore's Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment